We preach the good news to the people

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Abiding In Christ - John 15:7 Commentary

WHAT IT MEANS TO ABIDE IN CHRIST (John 15:7)

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you. - KJV
If you remain in me and my words remain in you[that is, if we are vitally united and my message lives in your heart], ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you. - AMP
Stay joined to me and let my teachings become part of you. Then you can pray for whatever you want, and your prayer will be answered.


Take note of this word "IF" which means that it is conditional. James 4:3 made it clear that God doesn't answer prayers that contradicts his will, then why do Jesus said that "ye shall ask what YE WILL, and it shall be DONE" and not "ye shall ask what God will" or "Let God's will be done in you" because sometimes our will are not usually aligned with the will of God. Take note of these words
If ye abide in me......ye shall ask anything ye will.......
That is to say that if we abide in/align with/be in union with Christ, then our will is also automatically aligned with the will of God just as Jesus always do the will of God, by this way we won't ask amiss.

What does it mean to abide in Christ?
1. Always doing his will.
Mark 3:33. And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother. - King James Version(KJV)


2. Living a sinless life. (Romans 6:1-14)

3. Focusing on Spiritual things. (Col. 3:1-3)

Intimate fellowship with God.
Read Col. 3:5-17 also
....and my words abide in you.....
This means that if you also want to abide in Christ, you 'must' obey every of His teachings and you can do this by meditating on the written word of God and put those teachings into practise.

When his teachings/words/commandments abide in you, then you will discover and know his will.

No comments:

Post a Comment